DEPARTMENTAL RESEARCH POSTGRADUATE COMMITTEE (DRPC)
Objectives of setting up DRPC:
- to broaden the basis of decision-making on research postgraduate education matters at the departmental level;
- to give advice to supervisors and supervisees on matters arising in the course of the latter’s studies; and
- to function as the departmental quality assurance machinery.
Powers and Duties:
- to make recommendations, amongst other things, on research postgraduate student admissions, award of Postgraduate Studentships, prescription of the coursework load, and appointment of supervisors;
- to assist in monitoring students’ progress; and where problems have been identified in individual cases, to recommend appropriate action to be taken;
- to give advice to the FHDC on all student matters relating to the degree regulations and procedures.
A minimum of 3 teachers (in the case of departments with fewer than 3 teachers, all the teachers in the department), including the departmental representative on FHDC, and the Head of Department (ex-officio) who should, as far as possible, be the Chairman.